Http Webserver in C for linux
- A basic web server written in C, uses threads instead of fork hence takes very few resources.
- Displays 404 error if a page is not found.
- Server displays the client's ip address and the path of the page requested.
Usage- Compile the program with the -lpthread parameter.
gcc -lpthread httpwebserver.c
- After compiling run the program with port number as the parameter.
./a.out 3000 (you can enter any free port number)
- Open your web browser and enter "127.0.0.1:xyz" (without the quotes) where xyz is the port
number you entered, in the address bar. The index.htm page will load.
- You will have to change the path of the default webpage. It depends on where you store the
code file and the 'index.htm' page.
- To shutdown the server press Ctrl + C
System Requirements- Linux
Copyright © 2002 - 07 Sumedh K